There’s a special something about the casual stroll down the street after dinner. The Workman is here to tell you why sometimes it’s just better to walk.
MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO CHAT
Whether you’re walking from the bar to the restaurant, or from the restaurant back home, walking a girl home or at least partially, is always good bet. The biggest reason for this is that you get to chat and spend more time with her. Whether you’re talking about the day, your lives, or the tiramisu you two just shared, walking her home definitely gives you opportunity to spend more time with her in a casual setting. Which leads me to my next point.
SEEING WHAT SHE SEES
When you’re walking in the same direction, more often than not, you see what she sees. And what I mean by this is that visually seeing the same things allows the two of you to have a variety of new and different conversations. Whether it is a window display, seasonal decorations on the boulevard, or something a stranger just did, seeing the same things stimulates new and different conversational topics.
YOU GET TO TAKE THE LEAD
So the two of you are walking along and having great conversation why not suggest stopping by a store and check out a few things? A bookstore, you can ask her what she likes to read. A Crate and Barrel, you know some of her priorities. A clothing store, you just got a sense of her style. A coffee shop, now you know what she likes to drink so you can surprise her next time! (by doing this it also shows you’re sensitive and a good listener).
- Don’t walk that fast! Slow down, it’s a stroll.
- The street you decide to walk down is imperative. Make sure it has sights and sounds, but not too crowded. If you want to take a stroll after dinner, make sure the restaurant is close by.
- The street can’t be too quiet, don’t scare her!
- Don’t walk for too long, you want to keep it a novelty not a burden. 15-25 minutes is perfect.
- Finally, keep it casual and be easy going. Don’t be too tense, get some fresh air, and enjoy the walk and her company. Worst-case scenario is that she’ll at least think you’re a gentleman!